Saturday, June 13, 2009

ANOTHER Rotary Weekend??? :)

ROTARY DISTRICT 5010 CONFERENCE! Talkeetna, Alaska 2009!
This was the second Rotary weekend for all the 09-10 outbounds! Well let me rephrase that....for Frances, Kirstin, Kate, Carly, Angie, Saraya, and me, the only outbounds who decided to attend! (This one was not mandatory) Because this wasn't an ordinary RYE weekend, this was the whole 5010 District Conference for the Rotarians of the whole district! Which by the way ranges from the Yukon/Eastern Canada, all of Alaska, and the Western section of Russia! That's right, I will be an exchange student from the LARGEST DISTRICT IN THE WORLD! Thank you very much.
So basically us seven didn't have a real schedule planned.... :) We camped, we walked, we helped the inbounds (who stayed at the Talkeetna Lodge with EVERYONE else and DID have a schedule) clean a park and do their service project, we had fun. :D Let me just sum it up here.....we sold balloons for 10 bucks each (you gotta love Rotarians...and their spending!) We didn't really have a bedtime or rules.....the weekend was awesome! But here I am, August 14th and I'm just getting around to finishing this post for my blog...let me just close this one off and let you know what's really going on now about my exchange!
Obrigada! God Bless :) Tchau.
~Sara

2 comments:

  1. Haha I was wondering why this was posted only a week ago. It was funn :) rebounds definetly will just show up next year

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha heck yes the rebounds will...wow that already makes me sad, the fact that this will end and we have to go home! hows thailand??? brasil is amazing!

    ReplyDelete